May 28, 2017
Why the Mount?
The Sermon on the Mount is one of the most famous pieces of scripture in the Bible because it contains some beautiful language, some incredible quotes, and very challenging commands. But, more than anything, the really incredible thing about the Sermon on the Mount is that Jesus didn't save his heavy hitting and culture shifting commands for a private setting, and he didn't save it for people who’s hearts he had already won over.
The Sermon on the Mount is Jesus standing up full of confidence and grit, unashamedly speaking the truth to anyone who would listen. It wasn't comfortable. It wasn’t easy. It didn't come naturally to anyone there, but it was truth.
Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.
It’s so simple. It’s arguably one of the most impactful parts of Jesus’ teaching, and it happens simply because people were there.
There were people there, they needed the Gospel, He gave them the Gospel.
Jesus’ ministry in this part of Matthew, has many difference facets to it:
- He has a burden for all people, everywhere
- God specifically sends him to Galilee after John the baptist is put in prison
- He seeks out 4 fisherman to disciple
- As he is traveling, he connects with every person he can
- When crowds gather, he shares with them
Here’s what this looks like for us:
- If we know Jesus, we should have a heart for all people
- God specifically sent us to Indianapolis
- Hopefully you are discipling someone If not, start now
- During your life, connect with anyone you can
- When you find yourself around people that need Jesus, share Jesus
Is your heart BROKEN for the lost in Indianapolis?
Often, we see the thousands upon thousands that are all around us who are dying and going to hell and it breaks out hearts. But, we miss the people that we see in our lives on a daily basis.
God, WILL YOU USE ME to reach Indianapolis with the Gospel?
Whatever it takes to reach them, I’ll do it.
However uncomfortable I need to be to reach them, I will do it.
Whatever I need to give up to reach them, it’s yours.
Reach Indianapolis with the Gospel!
- I will go out of my way to reach people inside my sphere of influence.
- I will go out of my way to reach people on the Near West Side.
- I will commit to making sharing Jesus one of my top priorities.
Near West Location
Every Sunday at 11am
2120 W. Washington St., 46222
First Sunday of the Month at 5pm
4717 E. Michigan St., 46201
2120 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46222