March 18, 2018
Behind the Scenes
Preaching Biblical Truth
Teaching from the Bible
Any preaching that you hear in this church will be solidly rooted in scripture.
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
How We Plan Sermon Series
1. I spend time with God a year in advance
and ask him to give us direction for the future of our church.
2. I take those to other members of our leadership team.
3. I take the sermon series that God leads us to and I ask him what particular sermons those should consist of.
4. I start praying through the main points for each sermon in the series 3 months in advance.
5. I write out the full sermon with all the details the week of.
Who Teaches at Living Faith
Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
Generally, about once a month, I am not the one up here. There are a few reasons for that:
- To hear a different perspective.
- To equip men to be Lead Pastors.
- To keep our doctrine in check.
- I'll pray for the people that teach at Living Faith.
- I'll ask God if teaching is a gift that He has given me.
- I'll be more intentional about weighing what I'm taught against the Bible.
2120 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46222