December 31, 2017
Moving Into... A New Beginning
2 Corinthians 5:17
- How was 2017 for you?
- If your year was anything like mine...
- There were lots of highs
- Lots of lows
- Things definitely didn't go according to plan.
- Ultimately when things go work out the way that we plan, we can react in a variety of different ways
- In order for things to turn out differently, the thing you need to ask yourself is this, "Whose plan did I align this year with, mine or God's."
- How do I change things for 2018?
- We need to align our plans fluidly with God's plan as he reveals it to us.
- When Christ is in our lives He wants to change things completely.
2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
Leaving the Past Behind...
- When we live in the mistakes and sins of our past, we are failing to allow God's grace to be extended to us through Christ's sacrifice on the cross.
- When Christ comes into our lives, we are washed of the sins that taint our lives.
1 John 1:7-9
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceve ourselfves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- When we accept his gift of salvation we need to live in the freedom that we are forgiven, and take that time to pray, learn from, and move on from what lies in the past.
Moving into God's plan for 2018 and Beyond
- Do you know what God already knows how your 2018 is going to turn out?
- Beyond knowing that as a statement of fact, consider it's implications.
- We spend so much time planning, and trying to figure out our next move, when one that we already have a relationship with already knows.
- The question you need to ask yourself is this, "Have I asked Him what the plan is?"
- And then am I willing to listen and move in that direction.
11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
- In the study Experience God by Henry Blackaby and Claude King the authors state that God is already working in our lives all around us.
- At work, school, in our friends and family, and all around us, God gives us opportunities to see Him at work and join Him in it.
- This is not always a massive commitment, but little things that add up to life living walking and experiencing God on a day to day basis.
1. I will no longer live in the mistakes of my past.
2. I will look for opportunities to join God in his work.
3. I will walk in freedom as God sees me.