March 25, 2018
Behind the Scenes
Any Given Sunday
- How many different ministries were involved in the lead up to our Sunday morning service?
- Finance team - Paid the bills for us to be able to have a place to meet on Sunday.
- Outreach, Events and Life Groups - Many of you that are here first came as a result of one of Living Faith's "non Sunday morning" times.
- Leadership team - Prayed through the sermon series, as Yale outlined last week.
- Admin team - Printed all the materials, communication cards, etc.
- Setup team - got this "for sale" restaurant turned into a place that we ae able to meet in and call church.
- Creative team
- Worship team
- Media team
- Kid's Ministry team
- First Impression team
- I am Second
- Take a few minutes and consider everything that we have discussed over the last several weeks.
- What is an attribute that all of these jobs require?
- Besides all being needs within the church...
- All of these jobs require sacrifice
- We need to consider however what Christ sacrificed for us, which is why Paul says in Colossians 3.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Remember a few weeks ago when we discussed how we were created for a purpose?
- God created us with skills and jobs for us to serve him, but this verse takes it a step further.
- Paul tells us that every single thing we do we need to do so for the glory of God.
- We do this out of our sense of thanks to Jesus for what he has done.
- If someone literally saved your life, wouldn't you do anything you possibly could to show thanks or repay that person?
- This is the attitude that we need to reflect within the church.
- I can serve with a smile on my face, or seek more ways to sacrifice, because absolutely nothing I can do is more of a sacrifice than what He has already done for me.
- The Attitude of Growth
- Have you ever been around someone who said that they are a Christian but lives in absolute misery?
- Did that make you think, "Man, I want what they've got!"
- When we have the kind of attitude that Paul demonstrated and told us to live out, it is attractive!
- The attitude and service we demonstrate will lead to opportunities to bring more people to Christ.
- Can you commit to bring one new person in 12 months?
- Within two years, our church would quadruple...
- Within three years, our church would have over 1,000 attenders.
- It all starts with finding where you fit in, where you were created to fit.
- I will commit to serve with a joyful, thankful attitude every day.
- I will commit to bring one new person in 2018.
- I will commit to help serve on Easter Sunday.